Overview & Architecture¶
Running Grape On-Premise¶
There are two ways to run Grape On-Premise:
- A pre-configured Debian Stretch VM, see .
- Using your own OS that supports Docker, see
Technologies used for the setup¶
Grape gets set up using Ansible and Docker Compose. You don’t need to know those technologies to set up Grape, however basic knowledge of docker and docker-compose is recommended.
- Grape exposes port 443 for incoming HTTPS/WSS connections.
- Grape needs to communicate to Push Notification Servers and External Search Providers
- Grape needs two hostnames, one for the chat and one the error logging server Sentry, e.g. chat.company.com and sentry.company.com
For a full explanation, list of ports etc., see Network